In 1904, the Original Hanau laboratories (in Hanau near Frankfurt, Germany) developed the first quartz lamp whose UV light output was of almost genuine sun quality. Hanau has since been working on optimising the technical, medical and commercial application of light .This standing lamp was a dentist/medical light in use between the 1930 and 1950's , soon to be replaced with plastic and acrilyc .The shade can be raised and lowered on the chrome stem, which is mounted to a lacquered steel and cast base with original castors.
Stripped metal , rewired with a US compliant socket
H.60 in x Globe L.9 in x D.7 in
top of page
bottom of page